[mrtg] DSCP/COS stats on Cisco router

Volk,Gregory B greg.volk at edwardjones.com
Tue Sep 23 14:10:53 CEST 2014

Initially I attempt to make this a cfgmaker interface template but I ran into problems because I needed to base the indexes off of cbQosIfIndex (.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166.1.1.1.1.4) and not the regular mib2 interfaces index. However I also had to get the port descriptions from mib2 IfDescr, and port speeds from mib2 ifSpeed, and combine those tables with the cbQosIfIndex table to make a useful MRTG target.
Then there were issues with classes that had undefined speeds and classnames so those had to be sanity checked and potentially skipped. That is what those warnings on lines 247 and 255 are.

Bottom line is that while I prefer to use something more standardized and portable like cfgmaker templates, this cbqos mib just had too many oddball exceptions.

If you are not the intended recipient of this message (including attachments), or if you have received this message in error,  immediately notify us and delete it and any attachments.

For important additional information related to this email, visit www.edwardjones.com/US_email_disclosure. Edward
D. Jones & Co., L.P. d/b/a Edward Jones, 12555 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63131 © Edward Jones. All rights reserved.