[mrtg] data whel poll is not available

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Sep 29 23:18:31 CEST 2014

If the polling fails, then MRTG will get a Unknown value.

In MRTG, Unknown is displayed as the previous value.  If you have ‘unknaszero’ option, then it is displayed as zero.

If you are using Routers2/RRDTool/MRTG, then Unknown is displayed as a grey bar.  Use ‘unknaszero’ to display unknowns as zero, and ‘unknasprev’ to display unknowns as the previous value (as in native MRTG).

You will normally be polling every 5 minutes, and so you would need to refresh your graph every 5 minutes to see the changes.

Steve

Steve Shipway

s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz