[mrtg] Switching from native mode to including RRD and Routers2

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Apr 15 00:39:59 CEST 2015

There exists a utility script called log2rrd.pl that converts an MRTG .log
file to its .rrd equivalent.   Once you have done this, you can simply add
"Logformat: rrdtool" to the MRTG .cfg files (you may also need to add LibAdd
if you have not done a site-perl install of RRDTool) and it will work.
Routers2 just needs to be pointed at the cfg files and the rrd files.

The log2rrd.pl script used to be in the contrib directory of the RRDTool
distribution; however I can no longer find it in
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/contrib/

I have an old copy (from 2008) sitting in a directory here that I will email
to you separately.  According to the comments, the last known owner of this
script was Alan Lichty at Electric Lightwave, Inc. <alichty at eli.net>.

Steve

Steve Shipway

 <mailto:s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz> s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz