[mrtg] Traffic Analysis graph Zeroing out

Volk,Gregory B greg.volk at edwardjones.com
Thu Apr 16 18:51:24 CEST 2015

Your attachment did not come through (or maybe my email system removed it).
Nonetheless, try increasing the MaxBytes[targetname]: value in the mrtg config file that corresponds to the link you're talking about and restarting the MRTG process.

So if your config target looks like this...

Target[myswitch_FastEthernet1]: \FastEthernet1:public at myswitch:::::2
SetEnv[myswitch_FastEthernet1]: MRTG_INT_IP="" MRTG_INT_DESCR="FastEthernet1"
Directory[myswitch_FastEthernet1]: myswitch
MaxBytes[myswitch_FastEthernet1]: 12500000              <==notice this line!!
Title[myswitch_FastEthernet1]: FastEthernet1 -- myswitch
PageTop[myswitch_FastEthernet1]: <h1>FastEthernet1 -- myswitch</h1>

...change the MaxBytes line to...

MaxBytes[myswitch_FastEthernet1]: 18750000

Note that MaxBytes is in bytes/sec, so 18750000 = 18.75 megabytes/sec = 150 megabits/sec.