[mrtg] Switching from native mode to including RRD and Routers2

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Apr 28 00:20:49 CEST 2015

>   In my experience, it has been enough to change LogFormat, add
>   LibAdd, and restart MRTG.  Unless things have changed, MRTG will
>   detect the .log file and use the data there to populate an
>   automatically-generated .rrd file.

You're right -- this auto-convert ability was added in 1.3.x (I think? Or
late 1.2.x?) and post-dates the point at which I moved from Native to RRD
format.

Still, if you are migrating your old Native setup to a new RRD server, or
want to do a batch migrate separately, or move the RRD to a new location,
the old log2rrd may be of help.

Steve

Steve Shipway
s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz