[mrtg] help with configuration for a Cisco SG300-28 switch

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Jan 31 08:49:39 CET 2015

You might try just using the standard MRTG cfgmaker to generate a cfg file -- probably use SNMPv2 if you can.  You can also find a cisco host template for cfgmaker at www.steveshipway.org/cfgmaker which will give you a few more things (like CPU, memory etc if available).

You're not likely to be able to get usage by IP - since the device is very unlikely to collect this - but you'll be able to get the per-port usage statistics, which may amount to the same thing if you have one host per port.

Of course first make sure that you have SNMP ACLs configured correctly on the device so that the MRTG host can send SNMP queries...

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead