[mrtg] [FORGED] Won't work after reboot

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jun 4 23:35:50 CEST 2015

Most likely, after you reboot your router, your server still has not yet re-established a wireless network connection when you run MRTG and so the interface is not yet available to be queried.

The other possibility is that your mrtg.cfg identifies the network interfaces by number rather than by name, and a reboot causes a reenumeration.

Since you did not tell us the error messages in your initial post I can only guess…

Steve

Steve Shipway

s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz

(GNU Terry Pratchett)