[mrtg] Device per Web page

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Mar 17 21:54:38 CET 2015

You should make a separate cfg file for each device, so that you can have a separate web page for them.  This works whether you use the Routers2 frontend, 14all, or even native mode.

Then, either call MRTG multiple times (once per cfg file) or else create a ‘master’ cfg file that uses ‘Include: devices/*.cfg’ or similar to include all the components (note that you need the latest MRTG to be able to use wildcards in the Include statement)

If using Native mode MRTG (IE, not with RRDTool) you can then use indexmaker to build an index page over the multiple device web pages.

Steve

Steve Shipway

s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz

(GNU Terry Pratchett)