[mrtg] Continuing the post

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Wed Jul 6 16:23:19 CEST 2016

It'll just do interface number without that. There are a number of
different ways to refer to interfaces in the config files. I like to do
it by name because they usually don't change on reboot, and sometimes
don't change upon switch upgrade.

The 6509 has a nasty habit of renumbering interfaces upon reboot if
you've slid a card in since the last time you rebooted, which is like,
every time for me, but the names stay the same. Hence I use --ifref

    -Josiah

On 7/6/16 10:20 AM, thomaz.portella at portoseguro.com.br wrote:
> I understood --output is the name of output file, but didn't
> understood the --ifref , and looking at man page, it refers to the
> interface name/number,
> Does it works without this information ?
> Thanks
>
> Thomaz Portella
>

> De:        "Wm. Josiah Erikson" <wjerikson at hampshire.edu>
> Para:        thomaz.portella at portoseguro.com.br
> Cc:        mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch, mrtg
> <mrtg-bounces+thomaz.portella=portoseguro.com.br at lists.oetiker.ch>
> Data:        06/07/2016 11:00
> Assunto:        Re: [mrtg] Continuing the post

Wm. Josiah Erikson
Assistant Director of IT, Infrastructure Group
System Administrator, School of CS
Hampshire College
Amherst, MA 01002
(413) 559-6091