[mrtg] usmStatsNotInTImeWindows

McDonald, Daniel (Dan) Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Sat Jul 30 00:47:35 CEST 2016

I’ve run across a couple of devices that don’t properly support RFC3414 Section 4, and, consequently, attempts to monitor them with mrtg fail with

Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Net/SNMP.pm line 2544.
SNMPopen failed: Time synchronization failed during discovery
at /usr/lib64/mrtg2/Net_SNMP_util.pm line 1580

I’m experiencing this with a couple of devices – Liebert UPS monitoring cards and Microsemi NTP clocks.  A bug report for Net::SNMP suggested that a fix would be to add a flag that disables the RFC3414 behavior.  Does anyone know if such a flag has been added to Net::SNMP, and if so, what I would need to do to pass that flag along to Net_SNMP_Util?  I don’t think either MRTG or Net_SNMP_Util does much parsing of the SNMP_OPTIONS directive, so it should be relatively straightforward to pass it through.