[mrtg] How to convert old mrtg log file to .rrd file

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Thu Jan 12 18:01:42 CET 2017

On 12 Jan 2017, at 13:07, Sachin Pradhan wrote:

> I need to migrate mrtg .log file to rrdtool log file format. Can this
> be done? Please suggest how this is done.

   When you start MRTG with 'LogFormat: rrdtool', it will (or used to,
last time I tried this)
   automatically convert an existing log file for any target in the
configuration whose RRD
   database is missing.  As you can guess, this is only done once per
target, as the RRD
   database is no longer missing after that.

   Best regards,

   Niall O'Reilly