[mrtg] Clue, please, for (slightly) complex target

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Thu Nov 2 01:30:21 CET 2017

Hello.

I have a box with two uplinks, one configured for IPv4 only, the other
for IPv6 only.
I'ld like to show IPv6 traffic in relation to total.  The current
version of my
target expression isn't what I need.  I'm seeing the log file with four
zeroes in
each row, except for the expected '-1 -1' in the top one.

Because of the characteristics of the box, I have to refer to interfaces
by description
rather than by name, so I'm using the '\' prefix.  This works for the
targets generated
by cfgmaker, where the OID is implicit.

My ether3-uplink is the IPv6 one, and ether2-uplink carries IPv4.

I'm trying to plot IPv6 ("IN") traffic, aggregate IPv6 + IPv4 traffic
("OUT") and the
relative percentage, with one target for inward traffic, another for
outward.

Here are the relevant fragments of my configuration file for the inward
direction.

LoadMIBs: /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/IF-MIB.txt

Target[limes.no8.be_aggregate-dn]:
ifHCInOctets.\ether3-uplink:public at limes.no8.be:::::2&ifHCInOctets.\ether2-uplink:public at limes.no8.be:::::2
+ ifHCInOctets.\ether3-uplink:public at limes.no8.be:::::2

Options[limes.no8.be_aggregate-dn]: growright,bits,dorelpercent

Clue, please, anyone?

Thanks in anticipation.

Niall O'Reilly