[mrtg] Clue, please, for (slightly) complex target (Niall O'Reilly)

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Sat Nov 4 00:45:13 CET 2017

On 2 Nov 2017, at 20:06, Edwin A. Epstein III wrote:

> I double checked the literature and have some ideas as to what went wrong.

Thank you, Edwin, for the time and careful thought you've given to the
problem I was trying to solve.

In the meantime, I've worked out a solution without needing to use an external
collector script. I was able to identify

- how I had been misreading the documented syntax (my bad!),
- how MRTG's mathematical expressions seem to be constrained, and
- how I might inject a zero value by configuring an additional interface.

To keep the story short, the following target formula (when unfolded as a
single line) seems to do what I need.

Target[limes.no8.be_aggregate-up]:
    1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.10\ether3-uplink&
    1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.10\ether2-uplink:public at limes.no8.be:::::2 +
    1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.10\dummy&
    1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.10\ether3-uplink:public at limes.no8.be:::::2

Thanks again for your time and thoughtful consideration.

Apologies too for not persevering a bit more before looking to the list
for help.

Best regards,
Niall O'Reilly