[mrtg] MRTG Problem with Target interface by type

Alberto Giampiccolo maxjampy at gmail.com
Tue May 1 10:04:28 CEST 2018

Hi all,
I have been using MRTG for several years and it is a useful and powerful
tool.
I use it to monitor my TP-link adsl router, and when i use in the
configuration the Inteface number everything work properly:

Target[192.168.1.1]: 19:public at 192.168.1.1

192.168.1.1 is the ip address of my router and 19 is the interface
number for the ppp connection.

But for various reasons I can lose the connection and when the router
reconnects it changes the interface number. To solve this problem I
changed the configuration using the Target by Type:

Target[192.168.1.1]: %23:public at 192.168.1.1

192.168.1.1 is the ip address of my router and %23 is the interface type
number.

With this configuration the graphics are generated and everything works
but I have the following error when I start mrtg:

Use of uninitialized value $tempv in concatenation (.) or string at
c:/mrtg-2.17.4/bin\..\lib\mrtg2\SNMP_util.pm at line 755

How can i solve the error?

---