[rrd-developers] Re: 1.0.6 fixes

Simon Leinen simon at switch.ch
Wed Aug 18 13:36:58 MEST 1999

> I am trying something new here ...

Sure, why not?

> attached to this file you find a patch to fix some problems with
> 1.0.6.

> So instead of releasing it as 1.0.7 I give these to you in the hope
> that you will test them ...

Well one problem is that the patch fails to create
contrib/log2rrd/log2rrd.pl.in, so if you run the new configuration
script then you will end up with this error message:

[...]
creating contrib/log2rrd/log2rrd.pl
Can't open /opt/src/rrdtool-1.0.6/contrib/log2rrd/log2rrd.pl.in
[...]

and a zero-length contrib/log2rrd/log2rrd.pl. (and you realize why the
instructions said "compile", not "configure, then compile" :-)
--
Simon.