[rrd-developers] Re: new 1.0.6 fix patch ...

Jesper Skriver jesper at skriver.dk
Tue Aug 24 10:56:37 MEST 1999

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 04:26:03PM +0200, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> *> > The other problem is, why are there so large numers in your rrd ,,,
> *>
> *> There shouldn't be, I use 32 bit counters as input .. strange ...
>
> this is strange indeed ... hmpf ... guess there may be another bug lurking
> somewhere ...

I'm afraid there is, I had all kinds of strange core dumps with rrdtool,
now I installed 0.99.42, and restored my backup of the files prior to
installing 1.0.6, and now everything seems to work as expected ...

First I installed 0.99.42, but that core dumped on the files that was
modified by 1.0.6, so I expect 1.0.6 to misbehave in some way ...

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver (JS4261-RIPE), Network manager
Tele Danmark DataNet, IP section (AS3292)