[rrd-developers] Exiting of programs during an rrd_update

Blair Zajac bzajac at geostaff.com
Wed Jul 14 21:27:24 MEST 1999

I have one more thing that I'd like thought about before the
final release of RRDtool.

What happens to an RRD file if the program running rrd_update
is control-c during an rrd_update.  Can the file be corrupted
or screwed up in any way?  If so, I'd like to see rrd_update
potentially open writing to a temporary file, create the
file, close the file, and then do a rename to the final
name.  In this way if anything goes wrong before the
rename, no data is lost or screwed up.

Comments,
Blair