[rrd-developers] New Orca mailing lists & errata

Blair Zajac bzajac at geostaff.com
Fri Jul 23 03:02:18 MEST 1999

For those of you who have seen my previous announcement of the Orca
mailing lists, there have been some naming changes due to some good
feedback.  I've renamed orca-users to orca-discuss and made its
charter a little clearer.  Users already subscribed to orca-users
do not need resubscribe to orca-discuss.

I have created four mailing lists for Orca, a system performance
monitoring tool (http://www.geocities.com/~bzking/).  To subscribe to
any of the mailing lists, please visit the URL listed below.  You have
the option of choosing a digest form of the mailing list if you wish
it when you subscribe to the mailing list or anytime thereafter.  To
send email to any of these lists you must subscribe to the list.

orca-announce at onelist.com
    Subscribe    http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/orca-announce
    Archive      http://www.onelist.com/arcindex.cgi?listname=orca%2Dannounce

    This is a LOW volume moderated mailing list for announcing stable
    releases of Orca.

orca-help at onelist.com
    Subscribe    http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/orca-help
    Archive      http://www.onelist.com/arcindex.cgi?listname=orca%2Dhelp

    This mailing list is a first stop mailing list for getting help in
    setting up and getting Orca running.  Problems relating to downloading,
    configuring, compiling the necessary Perl modules, and installing Orca
    belong here.  People interested anything more than this, such as
    developing data gathering modules or active Perl development, should be
    on one or both of the following mailing lists.  Once you get Orca
    running to your satisfaction, you may want to remove yourself from this
    list.

orca-discuss at onelist.com
    Subscribe    http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/orca-discuss
    Archive      http://www.onelist.com/arcindex.cgi?listname=orca%2Ddiscuss

    This mailing list is for active users of Orca who are doing new
    interesting things with Orca and want to discuss Orca but are not
    interested in actively developing Orca source code.  These people are
    also not interested in helping people get Orca running on their systems.

orca-developers at onelist.com
    Subscribe    http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/orca-developers
    Archive      http://www.onelist.com/arcindex.cgi?listname=orca%2Ddevelopers

    This mailing list is for people who are interested in actively developing,
    fixing and improving Orca's source code and related data gathering
    modules, and porting Orca to new platforms.

Please sign up if you are interested in Orca matters.

Blair