[rrd-developers] Re: Hallo!

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Jul 26 22:44:23 MEST 1999

Today you sent me mail regarding Re: Hallo! :

*> On Monday, July 26, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
*> >
*> > can you produce a perl RRDs version? this is also debugable ...
*>
*> Hmm, I'm trying... :-)  Might take a while though...
*>
*>
*> > I suspect it to be a memmory thing so as memmory gets allocated differently
*> > in a environment where perl runs this might be showing a problem which is
*> > not at all perl related in the first place ...
*>
*> Another weird thing I noticed.  Looking at the graph of the cricket (perl)
*> generated graph, and the graph generated through the command line (using the
*> cricket log to reconstruct the command line version), I notice that the graphs
*> of the two pictures (identical data) is not the same.  One has peaks at 1.25K,
*> and the other at 2.15K.  I'm still trying to pin down what exactly is
*> happening.

this indicates that your cricket is NOT using the 1.0.1 code ... for peaks
the behaviour is distinctly different (correcter) in 1.0.1 than in any code
before ... it is amazing noone noticed ...

Try generating the same graph with 1.0.0 or older and with 1.0.1 once with a
width of 500 pixles and once with a width of 1000 pixles and compare the
result ...

*>
*> --Toby.
*>