[rrd-developers] rrdcgi bug: can't eval multiple <RRD::CV> tags on one line or somesuch

rader at teak.wiscnet.net rader at teak.wiscnet.net
Tue Nov 2 00:02:39 MET 1999

Fwiw, I went about creating an interactive rrdtool cgi script
for nrg recently and found that the last line of this rrdcgi code

  <RRD::GRAPH <RRD::CV::PATH RRD_NAME>.gif
    --title "Graph for <RRD::CV::PATH RRD_NAME>: <RRD::CV NUM> <RRD::CV UNITS>"
    --start -<RRD::CV NUM><RRD::CV UNITS>

causes a

  [ERROR: unknown function 'UNITS']

bitch msg.  Isn't this a bug?  (I expect the last line to
evaluate to strings like "--start -1weeks" etc.)

It's no big deal for me: I'm gunna rewrite the whole thing
in perl because there's no way to retain CGI variables gotten
from the <SELECT> tag (html's poor excuse for listbox widget)
via rrdcgi.

later
steve
- - -