[rrd-developers] Re: Problem using RRDs

rader at teak.wiscnet.net rader at teak.wiscnet.net
Thu Oct 28 20:50:53 MEST 1999

 > From: "Shimpi, ManojX"
 > [...]
 > The code looks like
 >
 > #!/usr/bin/perl -w -I/usr/lib/perl
 >
 > use RRDs;
 >
 > RRDs::graph qw(manoj.png
 >                 -s 920804400 -e 920834400 -w 500 -h 200
 >                 DEF:tmp=manoj.rrd:temp:AVERAGE
 >                 "LINE3:tmp\#0000ff");
 >
 > and I get a error from perl, saying
 >
 > Possible attempt to put comments in qw() list at ./draw_graph.pl line 8.
 >
 > Can you please help ??

"perl -w" causes perl to print warnings and that's what perl
is doing.  this should not effect execution:

 bash$ perl -w -e '@crud = qw('#bar'); print $crud[0], "\n"'
 Possible attempt to put comments in qw() list at -e line 1.
 #bar

Oh, and btw, I doubt you really want to put quotes around a
quoted array and I doubt you need the backslash:

 bash$ perl -e '@crud = qw("\#bar"); print $crud[0], "\n"'
 "\#bar"
 bash$ perl -e '@crud = qw(#bar); print $crud[0], "\n"'
 #bar