[rrd-developers] pre announcement: rrdtool-1.0.22

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Jun 11 07:46:18 MEST 2000

Folks,

I have released rrdtool 1.0.22. It has a bunch of bugfixes and some
minor new features ... please give it wirl ... (I tested on
Solaris 2.6, FreeBSD 3.2 and Redhat GNU Linux 6.2) ... I would be
delighted to hear from other systems.
(By testing I mean running the example scripts after install ...)

ChangeLog for RRDtool 1.0.x
---------------------------
- bugfix, + enhancement, * contrib, = RELEASE
= 1.0.22 2000/05/02 -- Tobi
- 2000/06/10 -- Tobi
  added more complexity to IEEE test (sin(0.0) instead of 0.0))
  this prevents the tests from being optimized away by some
  compilers and thus rendeing them ineffctive ...

- 2000/06/09 -- Tobi
  Updated RRDs manpage better examples and correct Error info

+ 2000/06/09 -- Sean Summers <sean at Fenstermaker.com>
  added RPM rrdtool.spec file

- 2000/06/09 -- Philippe.Simonet at swisscom.com
  added some missing fclose calles to rrd_tune

+ 2000/06/09 -- Sean McCreary mccreary at xoanon.colorado.edu
  created rrd.h for people using librrd directly ...

- 2000/06/09 -- Bruce Campbell <bruce.campbell at apnic.net>
  properly added DS_NAM_SIZE in a few places a number was in use
  allow - in DS names

+ 2000/06/09 --  Rainer Bawidamann <Rainer.Bawidamann at informatik.uni-ulm.de>
  proper parsing for -h switch in rrdtool

+ 2000/06/09 -- Tobi
  Added FLOOR and CEIL functions to CDEF

- 2000/06/09 -- Tobi
  Make sure the fpmask and setsig defines get passed on the the Makefile.PL
  when run ... this should fix some freebsd issues

+ 2000/05/22 -- Albert Chin-A-Young <china at thewrittenword.com>
  by default do not try to modify the compile options of the perl module
  this just breaks way to often ... --with-perl-options allows to
  override this

+ 2000/05/16 -- Tobi &  Sean McCreary mccreary at xoanon.colorado.edu
  added strerror messages to open fails ...

- 2000/05/16 -- Tobi &  Sean McCreary mccreary at xoanon.colorado.edu
  remove unnecessary maloc stuff from rrd_error.c

- 2000/05/16 -- Tobi
  made .so detectionfor installing the perl module  more robust ...

- 2000/05/07 -- Tobi
  made sure RRDs.xs returns undef for UNKNOWN values
  in rrdfetch results

- 2000/05/02 -- Alex
  cdeftutorial ... on example was wrong

--