[rrd-developers] Re: How to plot a smoothly graph ??

Chris Fedde chris at fedde.littleton.co.us
Thu Feb 1 20:08:30 MET 2001

On Thu, 01 Feb 2001 15:23:11 +0800  Daniel Lee wrote:
 +------------------
 | I need to plot a daily graph but I only have one data each hour.
 | When I finish plotting the graph, the line is not smoothly.
 |
 | What should I do so that I can make the line smoothly??
 +------------------

RRD won't currently interpolate a smooth line beween your points.
You can get the data out of rrd using 'rrdtool fetch' and plot the
data using a more general plotting tool like gnuplot.  BTW it might
cause some confusion when your smoothed graph is presented.  People
may try to use an interpolated value between two datapoints as if
it represented real data.

IMHO The square graph is more representative of what the data
represents.

chris

--
    Chris Fedde