[rrd-developers] rrdtool on anonymous cvs

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Wed Feb 28 12:21:25 MET 2001

Folks,

Finally I have opened a cvs archive for rrdtool. This is in
preparation for the 1.1.x series where all the fundamental changes
can come in which I have been refusing for the 1.0.x series ...

RRDtool will follow the Linux version naming scheme where the
odd minor revisions are for development and the even ones are
production versions.

At the moment, the code in cvs is equivalent to rrdtool-1.0.33.

I have reorganized the source slightly ...

If you want to have a look at it, or even want to contribute to 1.1
here are instructions for accessing it:

mkdir rrdtool
cd rrdtool
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at drwho.ee.ethz.ch:/usr/drwho/vault/cvs/rrdtool login
(password anonymous)

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at drwho.ee.ethz.ch:/usr/drwho/vault/cvs/rrdtool checkout program
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at drwho.ee.ethz.ch:/usr/drwho/vault/cvs/rrdtool checkout contrib

now you can cd into the program directory and type ./MakeMakefile
and the ./configure ... note that you will need automake, autoconf
and libtool installed for this to work.

when you want to pull updates from cvs into your repository you can
type 'cvs update' anywhere in the program directory

NOTE the 1.1.x is NOT for PRODUCTION ...

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ / TEL: +41(0)1-6325286  FAX:...1517  ICQ: 10419518
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/ oetiker at ee.ethz.ch http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker