[rrd-developers] rrd_open coredumps !!!!

Nikolaos Abatzis nabatzis at blackboard.com
Tue Jan 2 21:59:31 MET 2001

Hi guys,

I am getting an SIGSEV from rrd_open which is called from rrd_update (C
code). The statement that causes the fault is the MYFREAD at line  72 ->
MFREAD(rrd->cdp_prep, cdp_prep_t, (rrd->stat_head->rra_cnt *
rrd->stat_head->ds_cnt)),

What is REALLY strange is that malloc crashes!!!!   Rra_cnt is 4 and ds_cnt
is 7 so the arguments are correct !!!!
This is really a mystery and it is holding back, any help would be GREATLY
appreciated! If you need any code let me know.

Thanks a lot.... And happy new year !!

Nikolaos Abatzis
Consultant
Blackboard Inc
1899 L Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
phone: (202)  463-4860 x.542

Blackboard - Bringing Education Online
Create your FREE CourseSite at ww.Blackboard.com today