[rrd-developers] Re: some questions on future features of rrdtool

Chris Fedde chris at fedde.littleton.co.us
Thu Jan 11 18:31:44 MET 2001

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:34:14 -0500  Nikolaos Abatzis wrote:
 +------------------

 | Good morning to all,
 |
 | Are there any plans for 3D graphs with RRD ?
 |
 | Are there any plans for making pie charts with RRD, 2D and 3D ?
 |
 | What about bar graphs, 2D and 3D ?
 |
 | I have looked in the archives and I haven't seen anything mentioned. Any
 | ideas ?
 |
 | Thanks.

In my opinion this would be a mistake.  Isometric extrusiuons of
2d charts add no new information while making the data harder to
understand.  If you need 3d charts you can use fetch to dump the
data from the rrd and import it into a graphic design tool.

How do you propose representing time series data in a pie chart?
Again if you have more general graphing needs use fetch and laod
the data into a more general graphing tool.

--
    Chris Fedde