[rrd-developers] Win32 Port

Dan McGinn-Combs d.mcginn-combs at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 2 06:01:53 MEST 2001

Just a comple of queries before I launch into a big effort for no reason.

I'm wondering if anyone is already doing a Win32 port of some of the
features of RRDTool to a Win32 platform - specifically as an .OCX file.

I'm considering doing only the following functions:
- Create
- Update
- Fetch
- Dump
- Info

I would then use the existing MSGraph/MSChart .OCX as the graphical output.

The reason I'm interested is that, while I can use rrdtool as a "DOS" based
program in this environment, it isn't as clean as I would like. I am using a
combination of Windows Scripting Host to manage Exchange messaging systems
and track mail delivery times using ADSI,  read SNMP counters and post
information to an internal IIS web host. If there were such an animal, there
would be a smaller number of things to know. :-)

If the answer is "no," then is there a resource outside of the source code
itself which describes the RRD file structure?

Dan