[rrd-developers] Making RRDTool Thread-safe

Shane O'Donnell shaneo at opennms.org
Sat Jun 9 17:46:48 MEST 2001

My particular concern here is the "update" functionality, but I'll address
the broader context.

Is anyone considering making RRDTool thread-safe?  Is this of value to the
world-at-large, or are we the only ones running into issues?

We seem to continue to re-visit this (internally) and I think we're at a
point where we either embark on yet another work-around, or will actually
make the code changes to implement thread-safeness (at least for the
"update").

Is anyone else working on this?  Seen similar problems?  Interested in this
new behavior?  See merit in adding it?

Full of questions,

Shane O.
========