[rrd-developers] Re: rrd format change ?

Terminator rAT karl_schilke at eli.net
Thu Mar 15 20:14:41 MET 2001

This sounds like a great idea to me.  I bet we could regain that lost
efficiency (and more) by using mmap(2) instead of stdio for the actual
access to the RRD data.

Tobi and I also discussed creating a "native" and "portable" (xml?) data
format for RRD data files.  I think this is a good idea, but far outside
my expertise.

I'd be willing to step up to doing the stdio -> mmap(2) conversion once
the new format(s) have been decided.

Cheers,

	-rAT

--
O----O   The Terminator rAT  -+-  karl_schilke at eli.net  -+-  (360)816-3837
 \Oo/    Network Management Systems && Applications -- Electric Lightwave