[rrd-developers] Re: re overriding Y-axis autoscaling

steve rader rader at ginseng.physics.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 23 23:43:13 MET 2001

 > From: Terminator rAT
 > Adding the parameter "--upper-limit 1" to the rrdtool graph command
 > prevents RRD from generating graphs with units less than '1', so even in
 > cases of 0 callers (messages), the y-axis labels are still reasonable.

Close but no cigar: I don't think --upper-limit 1.0 will
help when the units autoscale *up*.  And the other problem
is that --upper-limit 1.0 with data in the hundredths range
looks horrible.  To wit:

  http://nrg.hep.wisc.edu/nrg-demo/sendmail/Erehwon/Erehwon-sm-msgs.cgi

Check that URL RSN because sometime before Monday it'll have
pretty graphs ala --units-exponent 0!

later
steve
- - -