[rrd-developers] Re: RRDTool Installation Question

Jake Brutlag jakeb at microsoft.com
Mon Nov 12 19:27:26 MET 2001

> I compiled the perl interpreter but it does not have a ppm.
>
> Do I need to use ActivePerl or a precompiled version of perl
> to run this???

The Active State ppm program is an installer, not a compiler. You should
be able to compile the perl library and install it manually. Installing
it manually requires the following steps:
(1) Find the library directory in your perl installation (this directory
will contain *.pm files)
(2) Copy RRDs.pm to this directory
(3) This directory should have an auto subdirectory
(4) In the auto subdirectory, create an RRDs subdirectory
(5) Copy RRDs.dll, RRDs.lib, and RRDs.exp to this directory
I have not done this myself, so I am not 100% confident it will work (we
use ActivePerl on our Win2K boxes).

Jake

Jake Brutlag
Network Analyst