[rrd-developers] Re: Problem with time

Pavel Mores pvl at uh.cz
Thu Apr 4 11:38:37 MEST 2002

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 03:42:58PM +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

> Mark Mills wrote:
>
> > > If it isn't too much trubble, please do.  If it's hard to implement
> > > then, depending on the number of people actually using it, it may be
> > > better to just skip it.
> > >
> > > Vote, anyone?
> >
> > Keep! I use it every day for about 500+ collections. =)
>
> Well, that's two in favour and none against.  Need any help?

I'm sorry to reply this late, but, well, you know, I've been really busy
lately and ... ;-)

Anyway, I tried to bring back the old behavior without breaking the
conformance to the specs (=the "new" behavior) but unfortunatelly, I
failed. It has to be said that I had very limited time at my disposal
for accomplishing the task and the environment I had to do the debugging
in is not exactly comfortable (I have 2 machines, basically one of them
is not capable of compiling and debugging rrdtool and the other can
compile but cannot run it).

So if noone else can find a way to work both formats together and if I'm
the only one who wants to use the specified format then I would say the
only way is to revert my patch from the rrdtool tree (if it hasn't been
done already). It is acceptable to me to use a privately patched
rrdtool.

	pvl