[rrd-developers] Re: [rrd-users] Re: Subtracting one RRD from another?
coop at epicenter.ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 28 01:12:05 MEST 2002
(note: thread moved to rrd-developers)
Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
>Cooper Nelson wrote:
>>I'm working with the current development release.
>Good. Any comments apart from the already known stuff?
1. Its f**king brilliant! I mean really, its amazing the stuff I've
been able to do. Within a week of studying it I was able to make MPEGS
of our network traffic, RRDtool is unbelieveably flexable, keep up the
2. It's a known issue, but pretty please, with sugar on top, fix TICK.
I really need it! I would help but I'm not much of a C programmer.
3. Are we approaching a final release anytime soon? I'm trying
convince my management to move to RRDtool from gnuplot, but the beta
status is a sticking point. The stable release does not have all the
features I need.
4. Related to 3, I'm working on network analysis, so we are interested
in keeping some of our data sources indefinately. Would it be possible
to enhance RRDtool to optionally support a more conventional style
dynamic database? I understand I could fake this via "resize", but it I
think it would be safer /cleaner if it could be done automatically.
5. Add an option to graph definitions to allow them to autoscale
independantly on the y axis. This would make creating composite graphs
of arbitrary data sources much easier.
Thanks again for all your hard work,
Unsubscribe mailto:rrd-developers-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=unsubscribe
Help mailto:rrd-developers-request at list.ee.ethz.ch?subject=help
More information about the rrd-developers