[rrd-developers] Re: rrdtool is now using freetype and libart

Mark Mills mark at xodiax.com
Wed Jan 16 15:29:37 MET 2002

As someone else said, you need both RRD_FONT_PATH and RRD_FONT_DEFAULT.

Also, I would recommend you find a simple GPL'ed font to ship with the package. Or con a list member into donating a made one to the project. It would sure simplify things if the path to the default font was always "$RRDTOOL/libart/fonts" and the default file was always "SomeFreeFont.ttf"!

Not only will it be easier, it will reduce the "why don't my graphs look like the ones in the examples?" questions. A consistent look is part of the reason why I keep coming back to MRTG and RRDTool after all these years.

Aside from that quibbling Mandrake 8.x Linux appears to stick the fonts in:
/usr/share/fonts/ttf/

--mark