[rrd-developers] Broken Win32 Build

Jake Brutlag jakeb at microsoft.com
Fri May 10 23:18:43 MEST 2002

Sean Settle has brought to my attention that one of the recent patches
(in the last month) has broken the Win32 build. The problem seems to
this code block from rrdtool.h:

/* Sorry: don't know autoconf as well how to check the exist of
   dirent.h ans sys/stat.h
*/
#include <sys/stat.h>
#include <dirent.h>

The second header file is not available with Visual C++. The author has
even left a comment suggesting he is aware these headers may not be
available on all systems. Can the author of this patch please introduce
#ifdef conditional compilation for the code that depends on this?

I can certainly sympathize with the complexities of autoconf; I don't
really understand it that well myself. But it seems reasonable to
introduce conditional compilation for functionality you know may not
always be available. The detection code, once implemented, will probably
set a #define.

Thanks,

Jake

Jake Brutlag