[rrd-developers] Re: rrd resize

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Thu Sep 5 20:42:14 MEST 2002

Today Mark Mills wrote:

> I noticed today when doing a resize (GROW) that some of the
> historical data in the not-being-changed rra's was zero'ed out.

[snip]

I must admit, I have never realy used the resize code, so I can not
speak from personal experiance. but what would help in debugging
this would be if you provided a set of shell scripts which creates
a 'small' rrd, fills it with data, dumps it, resizes it, dumps it
again and then shows what has gone amiss by diffing the 2 dumps ...

the smaller the rrds involved, the quicker we will be to pinnpoint
what is going wrong. Maybe the problem only occures when resizing
to big files ... maybe there is some variable which overflows ...

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ / phoneto:+41(0)1-632-5286  faxto:+41(0)1-632-1517
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/ oetiker at ee.ethz.ch http://google.com/search?q=tobi