[rrd-developers] Re: Fonts

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Fri Sep 6 09:05:28 MEST 2002

Today Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 07:17:32AM +0200, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> > Yesterday Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
> >

> > > In the devel version, what font are people using to get any kind of
> > > alignment? I've been through every fixed width font I can find, and
> > > nothing seems to work.
> > >
> > > Here's a sample of the BEST alignment and look I've been able to achieve
> > > (nowhere near "good"), using some obscure font google turned up.
> > >
> > > http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras/rrd.png
> >
> > Richard,
> >
> > The tabbing support is still missing from rrdtool ... so if you
> > want things aligned, you have to use a mono font (fixed space)
>
> Like I said, fixed width fonts. They don't seem to align for me.
>
> On some things like the Microsoft fonts (and yes I tried them all, I've
> run through about 50 fixed width fonts), I actually have characters
> overlapping. Is there a specific font and size which people have gotten
> successfully aligned?

hmmm I must say I have not tested it extensively, but if the
monofints do NOT align this indicates that they are either not mono
fonts OR there is a (rounding ?) bug in the rrd_gfx module ...

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ / phoneto:+41(0)1-632-5286  faxto:+41(0)1-632-1517
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/ oetiker at ee.ethz.ch http://google.com/search?q=tobi