[rrd-developers] Re: rrd resize

Mark Mills mark at xodiax.com
Fri Sep 6 22:55:12 MEST 2002

> > I noticed today when doing a resize (GROW) that some of the
> > historical data in the not-being-changed rra's was zero'ed out.
>
> the smaller the rrds involved, the quicker we will be to pinnpoint
> what is going wrong. Maybe the problem only occures when resizing
> to big files ... maybe there is some variable which overflows ...

As is usual, what went wrong was me. :)

Once i did a rrddump I noticed that the data was still intact. What
is killing me is that the graph period I was graphing is now covered
by the enlarged shorter period rra that is full of zeros.

So now my question is, does any one have a patch that will allow me
to directly select the rra I want rather than letting rrdtool make
up my mind for me. It seems a shame that it is reaveraging that data
over and over even though it went to all the trouble to roll it up
and store it.

--mark