[rrd-developers] rrdtool dump/restore Win32 fails?

Linders, Jan (GEP) jan.linders at GEPEX.GE.com
Thu Sep 19 13:52:55 MEST 2002

Hi All,

I'm trying to do a dump/restore on one of my rrd files.
The reason for doing this is that I want to fix certain values.
The first thing that I checked was to dump/restore without any modification
to the xml file.

The sequence I use is as follows.

1. rrdtool dump myfile.rrd > myfile.xml

2. remove the myfile.rrd

3. rrdtool restore myfile.xml myfile.rrd.

Using a perl script to fetch certain data now fails.
It looks like to format of the file changed.

The size changed as well from 335kB to 336Kb.

Could this be a bug in either dump or restore ??

The XML file generated with dump looks ok to me. At least it's readable...

The rrdtool version is : RRDtool 1.0.38  Copyright 1997-2001 by Tobias
Oetiker
running on Windows 2000...

Can someone please help...

Thanks in advance...