[rrd-developers] Re: FOUND IT! (was: rrd_graph.c: draw_horizontal_grid()...)

Jake Brutlag jakeb at microsoft.com
Tue Apr 29 18:16:38 MEST 2003

rrd-developers-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch wrote:
> It looks to me that the most obvious fix would be to create
> RRD files of the current RRD_VERSION instead of 0001.
>
> I am not quite sure what it will do to Holt-Winters code though.
> Jake, can you comment on that please ?

In rrd_create.c, there are a few places where the file version will
be marked RRD_VERSION (the default is version 1, but once arguments
specified in create request new features, the version tag is rewritten).
If you change the default to RRD_VERSION, please remove these references

(they will no longer have a purpose).

If you want to preserve the creation of version 1 files, you will need
to add a flag to create and then condition the fwrite on the presences
of this flag.

Jake Brutlag
Network Analyst
Microsoft MSN