[rrd-developers] cygwin rrdtool pkg

Lee Thompson bm55b at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 04:50:51 MEST 2003

SUMMARY
-------
Patch accomplishes addition of --enable-local-libpng
and --enable-local-zlib allowing packagers of rrdtool
to either use libpng and zlib code included with
RRDtool (default) or use local OS's installed shared
libraries.  Also a cygwin package is created using
local OS zlib and libpng.  I consider this change
experimental.

ATTACHMENTS
-----------
rrdtool-1.0.45-1.patch : proposed changes
patch.sh : created patch file before a manual edit
bad_hunk.patch : ltmain.sh has a problematic ^M

MODIFIED FILES
-------------
/rrdtool.spec
/CHANGES
/CONTRIBUTORS
/configure.in
/Makefile.am
/perl-shared/Makefile.PL.in
/tcl/Makefile.am
/src/Makefile.am
/doc/Makefile.am

NEW FILES
---------
/CYGWIN-PATCHES/rrdtool.README
/CYGWIN-PATCHES/setup.hint

An entire new aclocal.m4 had to be derived (see
patch.sh) to get cygwin to work followed by
"libtoolize" and "autoreconf".  These changes look
okay on a RH 7.2 box I tested with.

No 'C' code changes needed.  Numerous
autoconf/automake fixes are included and I included
the example perl code in the RPM on the linux side
(review rrdtool.spec changes).

To compile on cygwin follow the cookbook at
http://cygwin.com/setup.html.  I created a cygwin
mirror and hacked it up to install rrdtool on a few
machines via the cygwin setup.exe program and it
installed and ran fine.

I'd appreciate any feadback.

Lee Thompson
<bm55b at yahoo.com>