[rrd-developers] Naïve Mac OS/X (Jaguar 10.2.3) build problem

Martin Fouts fouts at netli.com
Tue Jan 14 21:53:04 MET 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to build rrdtool on an iMac running OS/X 10.2.3 and have
encountered a problem. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I
couldn't find the answer in the archives.

The build works fine for rrdtool, but fails to build the perl library. The
problem seems to be that libtool is not building a dylib but only a bundle.
Unfortunately I am an OS/X neophyte and don't know how to fix that.

Could someone point me at a HOWTO or a patch for this?

Thanks,

Marty