[rrd-developers] Win32 Visual C++ 7.1 & default font path at runtime

Jake Brutlag jakeb at microsoft.com
Thu Jul 17 01:41:25 MEST 2003

I've just submitted an update that covers 2 issues:
(1) The *.vcproj files are updated to Visual C++ 7.1 (don't ask me why
7.0 and 7.1 files were not compatible).
(2) Setting the font at compile time (RRD_DEFAULT_FONT) is no longer
necessary on win32; I added some code to rrd_graph_init() which uses the
%windir% environment variable and then selects the cour.ttf from the
fonts directory (which is always installed by default under the
%windir%). You can still override the font through arguments to rrd
graph; but you can compile on a system with C:\windows and run that
binary on a system with D:\winnt (for example).

Jake Brutlag
Network Analyst
Microsoft MSN