[rrd-developers] problems building 2003-03-12 snapshot

Joshua Franta jfranta at chi01.exodus.net
Wed Mar 12 21:06:30 MET 2003

I downloaded the snapshot of rrdtool 1.1 today, and I'm unable to build
it properly.  Here is the error I get:

------------

pod2man --release=1.1.0 --center=rrdtool rrdresize.pod  > rrdresize.1
/usr/bin/pod2man: Invalid man page - 1st pod line is not NAME in rrdresize.pod
gmake[1]: *** [rrdresize.1] Error 255
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/jfranta/rrdtool-2003-03-12/doc'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I'm not sure why this error is occuring, or why the build is dying bc
of this.  Here is the first few lines of rrdresize.pod:

=head1 NAME

rrdtool resize - alters the size of an RRA and creates new .rrd file

Please let me know how to correct this error.  thanks.

-josh