[rrd-developers] Bug in rrd_update

Burton M. Strauss III BStrauss at acm.org
Sun Mar 30 15:45:18 MEST 2003

In rrd_update.c is the following code, around line 119:

        case '?':
            rrd_set_error("unknown option '%s'",argv[optind-1]);
            return(-1);
        }

But, rrd hasn't been initialized at this point.

Now I realize it's my fault for sending it bad data, but still, it shouldn't
crash on me (it happens deep in the run of ntop, after many days, so it's a
SOB to trap, but I'm getting closer).

Anyway, I've noticed the fix in the cvs (2003-03-29 snapshot) for the
development branch (line 124ff):

                case '?':
                        rrd_set_error("unknown option '%s'",argv[optind-1]);
                        /*            rrd_free(&rrd); */
                        return(-1);
                }

and wondered if we could back-port it?