[rrd-developers] Patch to enable MySQL data access for rrd_graph

Greg Bailey gbailey at lxpro.com
Fri May 2 07:11:36 MEST 2003

Hello all,
Attached is a patch to rrdtool 1.0.42 to allow specifying a MySQL
database as a datasource for the rrd_fetch and rrd_graph commands.  This
is my first attempt at making modifications to rrdtool, although I'm a
long-time user.

This patch modifies rrdtool by supplying a "rrd-mysql" directory in the
contrib directory.  I assume that most people won't to build MySQL
support into rrdtool by default, so I don't modify Makefiles, etc.  If
and when this patch is accepted for the next release of rrdtool, the end
user who wants to try this functionality can patch the rrdtool source
with the "rrd-mysql.patch" patch file that is supplied in the above
mentioned contrib/rrd-mysql directory.

Sorry for the confusion involved with having a patch within a patch; but
to summarize:  the attached file is for the rrdtool maintainers.  Of the
newly created files, one of them is another patch that would be used by
the end-user to actually add MySQL access to rrdtool.

I would welcome any feedback, criticism, suggestions, etc.
Thanks-
Greg Bailey

-- Type: text/plain
-- Size: 20k (20572 bytes)