[rrd-developers] zlib-1.1.4

Vidya Srinivas vidya.s at bpltelecom.com
Fri Oct 17 13:05:17 MEST 2003

Hi,
I am using zlib-1.1.4 for compressing my buffer of size 175K. I am working on Monta Vista Linux and thus i have cross compiled this zlib-1.1.4 to get a libz.a for my application.

Problem that i am facing is, if i continously keep doing compression on my buffer many times, suddenly the compression is failing, i.e, my system totally hangs. Again if i restart my system, again for some time it works for sometime....Again if i continously keep compressing, suddenly it hangs. What may be the problem? I have 16MB Ram.

Can you pls help me out in this regard? Any patch that i have to apply to zlib-1.1.4?

Regards,

Vidya Srinivas
Sr. Design Engineer
BPL Telecom Ltd