[rrd-developers] Re: rrd_graph : Error Can't Parse DEF

Peter Stamfest peter at stamfest.at
Tue Sep 16 12:28:23 MEST 2003

Harish,

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Vamsi Mohan Harish wrote:

> Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 03:15:40 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Vamsi Mohan Harish <reacharish at yahoo.com>
> To: Peter Stamfest <peter at stamfest.at>
> Subject: Re: [rrd-developers] Re: rrd_graph : Error Can't Parse DEF
>
> Thanks Mr. Peter. It worked after I removed the PATH I gave for RRD file.
> But, It gave me one more parse error at
>  strcpy(Args[23],"GPRINT:CAUSG:AVERAGE:"The Average value Avg:%1.2lf\n");
> and
>  strcpy(Args[24],"GPRINT:CMUSG:MAX:\"The Maximum value Max\:%1.2lf %s\n");
> I feel the problem may be at ':' in the string. But how can add that.
>
> Can u give me any help.

I think I ran into the same problem once and worked around it by just not
using a colon in the text to print.

The proper fix would be to define an escape sequence for a colon in that
situation (possibly something like "%:" [percent-colon]), a quick glance
at the code does not reveal such an escape mechanism though.

This being a totally theoretical answer I may be completely wrong with
this. Anybody else?

peter