[rrd-developers] Patch for xport, fixes seg fault, misaligned data

Barker, David dbarker at gnilink.net
Tue Jan 27 22:06:02 MET 2004

This is a patch for the 1.0.46 version of rrdtool.  It fixes two problems
with xport, both dealing with xport'ing variables that are from different
RRAs.  For example, getting a variable, A, every 5 minutes that has a Max
consolidation variable, M every hour.

If you get two hours worth, you will get 3 from M and 21 from A.  Without
the fix, if you listed your xport for A first, you might get a seg fault.
If you listed M fist, you would only get 3 from both M and A, and those
would obviously be misaligned (since the first M should be matched with the
multiple A values (depending on the time interval).

I tried to make the same fix in the development branch, but that branch
seems to have a broken xport, so I'm trying to find out why.  If I fix it, I
will submit that later.

-David Barker

 Network Computing Technologies, Inc.

 Dbarker   a t   gnilink     d o t     net

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- Size: 5k (5424 bytes)