[rrd-developers] copying data and precision

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Sun May 16 20:53:34 MEST 2004

--- Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://rrfw.sourceforge.net/rrdman/

by the way, quite interesting results. I take the fetched data from a one-step
AVERAGE RRA, and store it with regular update. The fetched values are multiplied by step,
and for COUNTER and DERIVE counter value is emulated.

For several tested counters, the relative error did not exceed 1e+08 for each value,
which is quite good, and may be neglected in real-life practice.

So, for single-step data there's no need to export it to XML and then tweak
the XML before importing (speaking of the luxury merging utility).
But I don't know yet how that would work for longterm aggregated data.

Cheers,
Stan